Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls?
Seriously… I want to know!
Because they clearly haven’t tried these ones.
This recipe was born during a frantic night of rummaging around the kitchen in search of something sweet.
It was one of those “it’s 10 PM and my second stomach is officially open for business” kinds of situations.
Luckily, something in the cupboard caught my eye: a package of raw coconut wraps!
Knowing I also had a ton of frozen wild blueberries in the freezer and a tub of fresh almond butter, I got right to work.
One important thing to note about this recipe is they’re best eaten immediately – unless you enjoy soggy treats!
They require zero baking time (since they’re raw) and won’t weigh you down like a regular cinnamon roll.
I’ve been known to eat an entire plate in a matter of minutes….
Feel free to omit the maca powder – it was a last minute superfood boost, but I don’t regret it!
My final recommendation is to use a thin, smooth almond butter. This helps the filling to be a bit more spreadable. It isn’t a necessity, but if the almond butter is super thick it will end up a little gooey… which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
4 raw coconut wraps such as these
5 tbsp raw almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
11-15 drops liquid vanilla stevia
1 tsp maca powder
2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
1 tbsp almond meal or almond flour
1/2 cup wild blueberries
Cream Cheeze Icing
2 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsp non-dairy milk
7 drops liquid vanilla stevia
1 tsp MCT oil
2/3 tsp lime or lemon juice
1 pinch of nutritional yeast
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
- Mix the cinnamon roll filling together and smear evenly onto a coconut wrap.
- Sprinkle a small handful of berries inside and roll ’em up!
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the cinnamon rolls evenly – I like making them about 1.5 to 2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix until a thick, yet drizzle-able consistency is reached. You can add 1 tsp of non-dairy milk at a time until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls.