This raw vegan dish totally highlights the amazing honeycrisp apples I found at the health food store
It’s sweet, creamy, cinnamon-y, and the crepes are soooo tender and soft (and the best part is, I used pre-made coconut wraps to make them!)
If you’re a fan of anything sweet and breakfast-y, you’ll love these.
These crepes make the perfect dessert, as well. Especially for anyone with sugar-sensitivities!
I myself have a very low tolerance for fructose, meaning I can’t really eat very many fruits or I’ll bloat up like nobody’s business.
If you don’t already know this, I have been dealing with Candida overgrowth in my digestive tract off and on, so fruit doesn’t sit with me so well.
The few fruits I tolerate are most types of berries, certain types of melon and apples.
Luckily, I love all those things.
While I don’t consume any fruit besides berries often, once in a while I love adding apples to raw recipes because of their amazing fiber content!
Apples actually contain a soluble fiber called “pectin”.
Pectin helps your body detoxify, and scrubs the colon clean of old waste material.
Apples also contain loads of minerals and nutrients. They contain a surprising amount of vitamin C, and a high amount of potassium.
Apples are made up of mostly water (like most fruits), making them very hydrating and cleansing.
This recipe is also topped with a probiotic pecan & cashew cream.
I try to add probiotics to almost every dessert recipe I make.
Apples are also an amazing prebiotic food, meaning the good bacteria in your gut love to feed off of them.
So by adding probiotics to this recipe, you’re not only adding more friendly bacteria to your digestive tract, but also giving them a meal to keep them happy.
The probiotics are, of course, totally optional, and you’re welcome to sub the apples for any other fruit you like.
(I’m thinking a blackberry or strawberry crepe would be to die for.)
Anyway, let’s get on to the recipe.
*makes about 5 servings*
1 package Cinnamon Coconut Wraps (Plain will work just fine if you can’t find cinnamon)
Cinnamon Apple Filling:
4 honeycrisp apples
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla bean
1/8 tsp organic monk fruit
1 pinch sea salt
1 tbsp coconut MCT oil or coconut oil
Probiotic Pecan Cream:
1 cup coconut water
1/4 cup raw pecans
2 cups raw cashews
1/8 tsp vanilla bean
1/8 tsp monk fruit
Contents of 2 probiotic capsules
1 pinch sea salt
- Finely dice the apples and mix well with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Spread evenly onto a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115° for 45 minutes, or until soft.
- In the meantime, blend pecan cream ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Line 4 coconut wraps on a dehydrator sheet, and spread 1 tbsp pecan cream evenly onto the surface of each wrap.
- Place wraps in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 110° for about 5-7 minutes, or until warm, soft and pliable.
- Remove cinnamon apples from the dehydrator, and mix in 3-4 tbsp of the pecan cream.
- Scoop 1/4 cup cinnamon apple mixture onto a wrap, and roll it up tight, like a crepe!
- You can dehydrate these again for a few minutes to re-warm them.
- Top with a dollop of pecan cream and sprinkle with chopped pecan nuts and cinnamon!